Replicated/Remediated Object: Design

 

---

For the start of this project, I was inspired by the geometry of models found in older N64 and GameCube games; so for my object I'd like to make a vessel that purposely looks low-poly while also functioning within the parameters we've been given for this project. Here's some pictures I used for inspiration when modeling:

As well as a low poly model I made while learning Blender a few months back:

I didn't need to make sketches for this as it was a pretty simple concept, so I instead moved forward with making a few concepts in Rhino.


I had issues with a couple of these not being closed polysurfaces even after offsetting them, but the first two worked out so I'm probably going to move forward with one of those! Here's some plastic/painted renders of them in a few different fun colours:


I also made a render of them in some low quality materials that more represented the inspiration I used:


And that's all for this week! I'm excited to learn more about how we'll be using slipcasting to create the deliverables for this project. Thanks for reading :)

UPDATE:
Here are the final mold positive images, as well as a mock up for the mold itself:


Comments

Popular Posts