Milestone Project #1 - Final Stacked Slices Model


---
Last week I edited my stacked slices model to have a little more detail and prepped the file for laser cutting, and this week I bring you the final product!

This model is based loosely off the mushroom "Amanita Muscaria," also known as the highly poisonous Fly Agaric.


While I was originally going to 3D print a dowel to hold this together, the model was relatively simple and I ended up going with 1/8" plywood as a material so I figured I would just glue it together! Here's some pictures from the assembly process:


While assembling it last night I unfortunately ran out of glue, so parts of it are held together with masking tape and dreams until I can pick up some more today. I'm also planning on sanding it a bit and painting it when I get the chance! But for now this is the final model. If I were to do this again, I would probably edit it to either have more slices or use thicker plywood so the final object wouldn't be as flat, looking back on my grasshopper file I may have made a mistake in that area. Here's a render of the object for reference:


And that's all! I should also be uploading my blog post for this weeks surface modeling assignment in a few minutes. Thanks for reading! :)

Comments

Popular Posts